Gateway Residential & Community Support Services
If you are in crisis, please contact COAST at 1-866-550-5205

Supportive Housing

Supportive Housing #1

Gateway's housing programs are designed to provide individuals in the Niagara Region who have a mental illness with a safe and affordable place for recovery.

Transitional Housing Program

Gateway operates one transitional residence with shared accommodations in the city of Welland. This residence has a capacity to accommodate 7 tenants.

This residence is staffed by one full time support worker, and several part-time staffers, who provide 11 hours of support daily. We provide a combination of affordable housing and ongoing flexible housing supports for persons with serious mental health issues who are either homeless or are at great risk of becoming homeless.

Supportive Housing

Gateway has a total of 135 housing units that it owns or holds head leases with private market landlords and non-profit housing providers. As well we provide Property Management services to the Oak Centre.

All of our housing units are affordable to tenants. Ongoing support services are provided to consumers in this program which include:

  • mental health education
  • medication management
  • emotional support
  • daily life skills
  • counseling
  • income and housing referral
  • resource linkage
  • case management
Gateway owns and operates seven buildings in the cities of Welland (88 units + transitional house), St Catharines (9 units), Niagara Falls (9 units) and Port Colborne (29 units).

« Go Back

What Our Clients Say
  • "I was all alone with mental illness for years. No doctor would help. I was very insecure when I first called Gateway. I needed a place to live and the group home let me in. I learned how to budget, how to be independent, and even was given the courage to go back to school. The counselling I have had is very good, I now know that I am not alone. The women's group is very therapeutic... I feel safer."
    - Donna G.

If you, or someone you know, could benefit from our housing services, please contact us.