*ALL VOLUNTEERING IS CURRENTLY SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO COVID-19*
Gateway looks for people who want to give back to their community through our rewarding volunteer program.
At Gateway, when you volunteer, you become part of our team. Volunteers are often referred to as the heart of our agency. We seek out volunteers who have skills that will enhance the quality of the services we provide.
As a volunteer, you can help to improve the quality of life of individuals who suffer from mental illness.
Why Volunteer at Gateway?
- Opportunities to give back to your community.
- Learning new skills.
- Sharing of your skills or knowledge.
- Being part of a team.
- Opportunities to meet new people.
How do I become a volunteer?
- Call 905 735 4445 X 227 or send us an email and inquire about opportunities that are available.
- Complete a volunteer application.
- When approved volunteers will be called by the Resource and Development Manager and an interview will be required.
- A current police check and references or drivers abstract may be required depending on the position you are applying for.
Gateway Residential & Community Support Services of Niagara Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Should you require accommodation, we will partner with candidates to meet your needs.
If you or someone you know is looking for a rewarding experience, please contact our office.
What happens after I become a volunteer?
- An orientation to the specific area you are volunteering for.
- Training opportunities will be available for you if required or interested.
- Ongoing supervision and support to provide you feedback on your experience.
- Volunteer recognition yearly at our annual breakfast.