Change the Perspective
Change the Perspective is a group of mental health advocates. We are a group of individuals with mental illness who feel passionately about educating the community and breaking the stigma. By telling our stories, we set an example of living successfully with mental illness. We provide information about a wide variety of mental health issues and put a face to mental illness.
- Telling our life stories to create a more empathetic community for people affected by mental illness
- Participating in events and community forums to promote awareness of the effects of mental health and how to live with mental illness
- Creating audio/visual materials to change the way people think of mental health, to fight stigma, lessen bullying and create an environment where people can ask for help
- Educating through information sheets and print materials regarding topics such as sexual abuse, suicide, addictions, eating disorders and feelings while using social media to create easy access to information
- Encouraging stories including topics of disassociation, triggers, loneliness and trauma
- Informing people to get the help they need
- Empowering the voices and stories of the speakers
We have spoken for the following organizations:
- Niagara College
- Niagara District Council of Women
- Strive Niagara
- Home Depot
Interested in learning more about Change the Perspective? Send us an email and download our brochure here.